Re: Promoting the interest of consumers

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:11:42 +0400

Hello Shruti,

On 02/22/2016 12:21 AM, RAKSHEETA JUGHDHARREE wrote:

> For how long have you been a member of the ICT Advisory Council?

That would be a year or so.

> I believe if you a member of the ICT Advisory Council, you have some
> responsibilities to fulfill. If somebody is having any problem
> pertaining to internet related issues, you should be concerned about that.

Yes, I should be concerned about internet consumer problems as a whole.
However, as I said, I need to base my concerns properly. For all of that
I require information, and the concerns of consumers also in a proper
format. So far, only a few people, among whom I count SM and Sun, who
have verifiable complaints. How many people have complained to ICTA or
the Consumer Protection Unit and copied me or any other member of the
ICT Advisory Council?

> What do you mean by "confronting deaf ears when I make requests for
> information"? I find it very surprising that being in the council, you
> still get no answers to your requests. Why can't you raise a concern
> about that with your chairman? If you are having a problem, you should
> find a way to solve it.

Trust that I am doing it. There is some information about the ICT
Advisory Council at
http://mtci.govmu.org/English/Dept-Bodies/Pages/ICTAdvisoryCouncil.aspx.
A more proper channel is to address concerns directly to the council.
Then let us see whether those concerns reach the council members. You
might then understand the difficulty with communication problems in the
Government institutions.

Cheers,

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu