RE: Internet Security Day

From: Hansley Chadee <hjc_at_innodisgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 11:49:06 +0000

Hello,
Agreed: filtering the internet is a can of worms which should be not done.

Although, we are already filtering child porn and I find it extremely laudable.

But, if we start filtering based on politics however abhorrent it is, in a few months what is abhorrent for one will not be for another.

The possibility of abuse is so attractive, and knowing quite a few products, its implementation at a carrier level can be surreptitious…

Syria, for example is using highend bluecoat for filtering and you will be amazed what can be listened to and blocked out these days.

https://reflets.info/bluecoats-presence-in-syria-finally-uncovered/

Free speech is the foundation of our democratic society and should remain so as long as it does not tear apart the foundation of the society itself.

Regards

Hansley Chadee J