Re: Review of the Radio Plus debate themed "Cybercriminalité: sommes-nous bien armés ?"

From: Loganaden Velvindron <logan_at_afrinic.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 18:46:35 +0400

On 2/1/16 12:22 AM, Jules Mike Giovanni wrote:
> Hi SM,
>

> The interaction is on an active basis. If, in my experience,
> something could be a problem I'll point it out to the customer. The
> customer might ask for more information if that is needed. I provide
> a report to the customer so that the management can verify the
> information I provided. I don't usually have to get into the details
> of the practices or legislation unless I am asked or if that has to
> be included in the report.
>

> Thank you for your response! Does it ever happen that you have to
> provide the same report with a different technical level or attention
> to details (e.g one for the management needs and understanding and
> another for any technical department) ?
>

> I do not use the ISO standards for security as those standards are not freely available.
>

> Do you mean ISO standards like ISO27001 and ISO 27002 ? Sorry if it
> might be silly, but what are some alternatives of the ISO standards
> for security in that regards and are they as effective as their
> counterparts?

Hi Mike,

Going through your blog:

"
(Be aware that I work with low-level -at the core- networking and the
methods I've shown are some of â•‘ the ones used by non-IT experts "

How come you are doing low level core networking, yet being unaware that
Internet Engineering Task Force RFC document best security practices ?