Re: Review of the Radio Plus debate themed "Cybercriminalité: sommes-nous bien armés ?"

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 12:22:23 -0800

Hi SM,

> The interaction is on an active basis. If, in my experience,
something could be a problem I'll point it out to the customer. The
customer might ask for more information if that is needed. I provide a
report to the customer so that the management can verify the information
I provided. I don't usually have to get into the details of the
practices or legislation unless I am asked or if that has to be included
in the report.

Thank you for your response! Does it ever happen that you have to
provide the same report with a different technical level or attention to
details (e.g one for the management needs and understanding and another
for any technical department) ?

> I do not use the ISO standards for security as those standards are not
> freely available.

Do you mean ISO standards like ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 ? Sorry if it
might be silly, but what are some alternatives of the ISO standards for
security in that regards and are they as effective as their
counterparts?

> The Skype meeting is managed by Sruti. It is up to her to decide
> about what can be discussed. :-)

You are right! It would be wiser from me to consult with Sruti if
whether that discussion can be included (unless she saw that
email already).

> I was a co-Chair of two Working Groups working on some Internet Mail
standards. I usually review technical specifications related to the
internet. I am not comfortable asking you to read the relevant
standards before having the discussion as it might sound impolite. I am
okay if you want to discuss about the question here.

I started recently to read through the various technical specifications
myself. I don't feel at ease that much when the subject come up. Even
how much I have been using the internet as a non-regular user, I'm
still in the process of getting acquainted to some of the specs of it.
That's why I proposed the "verbal" discussion first to ensure that I
don't spill out wrong information that might misguide some of the
readers here.

Regards, Mike

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Send your email first class