RE: Review of the Radio Plus debate themed "Cybercriminalité: sommes-nous bien armés ?"

From: Hansley Chadee <hjc_at_innodisgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 16:34:11 +0000

Hello
Apart from ISO, there are quite a few such as BS series. IETF, COBIT and others…

But these are mostly academic framework whereby all can be based upon…

Anyhow before trusting anyone with a network or a security check better check the credentials…

There are also certification authorities such as CISSP, CISA, CEH which provide a defense defence against snake-oil vendor (no offense meant!)..

I have seen many over the years, selling product which are deemed panacea for all ills.

Or youngling trusting open-source framework and codes to get all done. Unluckily life and an organization is much more complex than a simple OS versus OS..

Security starts with the talkative receptionist, the open port on the network, available data panel, administrative access to staff, byod on the network, defect on applications, password-security policies, database (information haven) security, security labelling of information….well..complex and never ending…

Enjoy..

Regards

Hansley Chadee J