RE: MIU Logo

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 14:55:39 +0400

Hello all,

> Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <t_at_graphicstemple.io>, 2016-01-08 13.48:
> > I guess this comment was useful enough compared to the other ones :)
> This could be considered disrespectful.

I am sorry if Nirvan seemed disrespectful Yusuf. I appreciate the fact that you responded and shared your thoughts
on the MIU logo. I shall elaborate more when I ask subscribers for an opinion in order to avoid misunderstandings.

> Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <t_at_graphicstemple.io>, 2016-01-08 13.48:
> > I will write a separate email to describe the logo/emblem in details.

> The point being that a logo should ideally not require a detailed
> description to be understood and recognized.

From what I understood (if I got it right) some subscribers would like a logo which would represent the Mauritius Internet
Users without even having to read the description or the logo name. It should be something simple and catchy. I should have asked for more details as it would have helped Nirvan to understand the logo requirements which I failed to provide. I apologies for that.

> Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <t_at_graphicstemple.io>, 2016-01-08 13.48:
> > Logo design involves lots of psychological understanding.

> From a logical perspective, this would imply that:
> - either you possess “lots of psychological understanding” – which
> brings into relevance S. Moonesamy's question “Are there any guidelines,
> e.g. a code of ethics, which you studied? If so, could you please
> provide a link to the document?”

I personally think it is a thread open to all the subscribers and they should feel comfortable to share their ideas about the MIU Logo. The above reply seems disrespectful and I can feel some disagreement targeting design related people and technical people. Let us please avoid the clash.

We have subscribers with difference background and I believe this is a strong element for the Mauritius Internet Users mailing list. Having a logo that's going to make everybody happy is a real challenge. Nirvan managed to help us by sharing some logo proposals. There has been constructive feedback so far by some subscribers. I encourage those interested in sharing their opinion to help Nirvan by discussing more about it and to help him.

Looking forward to read more on the MIU logo thread :)

Kind regards,
Shelly