Re: MIU Logo (off-topic)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 02:50:43 -0800

Hi Nirvan,
At 00:53 09-01-2016, Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah wrote:
>Yes, there's a defined set of guidelines which is the Code of
>Professional Conduct [1], which as a designer/developer I pledged to
>and abide to.

You name is not listed. I suggest fixing that. :-)

I don't know whether the following is included as part of a local
training/educational course:

   "a design professional shall take into account applicable laws and
regulations"

Let's assume that you are an employee of Ceridian. The IPR which you
produce belongs to Ceridian.

   "A design professional shall be objective in publicly criticizing another
    designer's work"

It is like a peer review. It can help a client to assess whether the
work he/she paid for is of an acceptable quality. We don't do open
peer review on the island. A negative effect is that talented people
on the island do not get any recognition.

There are also ethical dilemmas. For example, do you download a font
from the web and use it because your manager told you to do that or
do you disagree with your manager? What if you would lose your job
if you disagree?