Re: Taking down the web app on privacy

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 11:54:52 -0800

Hi Logan,
At 11:24 08-01-2016, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I believe that there is nothing wrong with hosting the web app on
>another server, unless there are issues like I discussed above.
>
>Is the request to take it down public ? I am curious as to the contents
>of this mail.

An email was sent to one of the developers of the app. The developer
communicated the request to me. You could ask the developers about
the contents of the email if you are curious about it.

>I believe that the government sends the wrong signal, as it's preventing
>developers from building apps around their policies which are public.
>WIth the advent of Open data, this sets a bad precedent, and many
>developers (open source or semi open source or closed source) will think
>twice before trying to build a product around anything that the
>government of mauritius makes public and claims to be "open".
>
>Therefore, I believe that the GOC should reconsider their decision.

I agree that with the advent of Open Data this might set a bad
precedent. It's nice to see that you understood some of the implications. :-)