Re: Taking down the web app on privacy

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 23:26:17 +0400

Hi SM,

On 01/08/2016 10:46 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I was not provided any reason for the request to take down the app. It
> was discouraging that there wasn't any support from people who are
> supposed to be part of the Open Source Software community in Mauritius.
> It is up to developers who would like to use a GPLv2 license to see how
> to solve the issues may might arise.

I requested a copy of the "Government Online Centre Compliance
Standards" within the ICT Advisory Council in order to help the
developers. Until this morning, I didn't receive any support from the
council. I finally received the support of one member, Mr Suraj
Ramgolam, who stepped in to understand the situation. I've explained him
the chronology of the project.

I await more details to understand the compliance standards. I will let
you, the developers & contributors to the project know once I have
enough information.

I drink coffee & manage Linux servers
for lexpress.mu.