Re: Code of Conduct for MIU

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 15:31:07 +0400

Hi Yusuf,

On 01/05/2016 05:51 PM, Yusuf Satar wrote:

> I suppose you meant “a strict subscription policy”.
> I think it would be only fair that people be able to view such a policy
> such that they be able to comply therewith.

Yes. I would agree with you that the "subscription policy" should
ideally be read by a person prior to subscription.

> Formal definitions of acceptable behavior and vision would, in fact,
> send a strong signal of maturity of the group itself – illustrating the
> commitment of individual members to a healthy code of conduct and common
> vision.

I find it odd that we need to tell people what is an acceptable behaviour.

> Hence, not only do I strongly support Shelly Hermia Bhujun's idea, but I
> also believe it would be interesting to include the vision and
> commitment of the group as a whole.

The vision & commitment could be included in a "subscription policy".
The vision & commitment somehow describes what sort of discussions are
allowed.

> This would make it easier for people to understand the nature of the
> group – for potential members considering to join, for existing members
> as a reminder of expectations and for 3rd parties with which the group
> may interact with at a certain point.

See my comment above.

I drink coffee & manage Linux servers
for lexpress.mu.