RE: Code of Conduct for MIU

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 21:40:25 +0400

Hello Yusuf and Ish,

> I suppose you meant “a strict subscription policy”.
> I think it would be only fair that people be able to view such a policy
> such that they be able to comply therewith.

>Yes. I would agree with you that the "subscription policy" should
>ideally be read by a person prior to subscription.
Thank you for your opinion regarding the Strict Subscription Policy. I will talk about it in the next Weekly Skype Meeting and work on it. I will request SM to help me with it.
Can I use some of the text written in this RFC, SM?
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7154

> Formal definitions of acceptable behavior and vision would, in fact,
> send a strong signal of maturity of the group itself – illustrating the
> commitment of individual members to a healthy code of conduct and common
> vision.

>I find it odd that we need to tell people what is an acceptable behaviour.

I find it odd to see people sending rude emails and being immature despite talking about email netiquettes
and explaining about what is ethical and not on the mailing list. This is why I asked your opinion about whether
you will be in favor of a code of conduct or not. Ish, you are the only subscriber who objected so far. I give the other
subscribers one more week to share their thoughts about this.

> Hence, not only do I strongly support Shelly Hermia Bhujun's idea, but I
> also believe it would be interesting to include the vision and
> commitment of the group as a whole.

Thank you Yusuf.

>The vision & commitment could be included in a "subscription policy".
>The vision & commitment somehow describes what sort of discussions are
>allowed.

Yes Ish.

> This would make it easier for people to understand the nature of the
> group – for potential members considering to join, for existing members
> as a reminder of expectations and for 3rd parties with which the group
> may interact with at a certain point.

Yes Yusuf. You got it right.

Kind regards,
Shelly