Re: Startup scene in Mauritius

From: Suyash Sumaroo <suyash_at_codevigor.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 07:38:24 +0400

Hi Logan,

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Loganaden Velvindron <logan_at_afrinic.net>
wrote:

> The market in Mauritius is also very small. If one wants to make a
> breakthrough, a start-up would need to sell a competing product at a
> lower price, and then the Mauritian consumers would consider shifting to
> save some money.

It is true that the market is relatively small, but there is still a large
market to solve problems in Mauritius (for example, create a system to
manage hospital medical records). These are things that can be tackled by
local businesses and are projects that can bring millions in revenue for
these businesses. I believe that that best way to go forward with the
startup culture is that we try to solve problems that are present in
Mauritius, and monetize these solutions. These avenues can easily
accommodate a lot of businesses.

--
Thanks & Regards,
*Suyash Sumaroo | Director*