Abat les spams

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 23:56:15 -0800

Hello,

I read an article about "Abat les spams" which
was written by Cecilia Samoisi. I don't know
whether the author uses email as she did not
provide an email address to contact her.

The first "astuce" in the article is not to reply
to the "emails publicitaires". I usually contact
the local company which sent me the "emails
publicitaires" to ask about the email. I could
have filed a complaint with Mauritius Telecom so
that it investigates whether its customer
violated Section 8 of the contract. The third
"astuce is not to leave your email address on
"les pages web non institutionnelles et non
sécurisées". The web site of the United Nations
Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
was breached in November and the email addresses
were leaked. The fourth "astuce" is not to give
out your email address on web sites as "certains
revendent leurs adresses email, ou se les font
pirater". And that's on a web site which
requires an email address to sign up to a newsletter. :-)