Re: Internet Service Provider quality of service

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 00:48:59 -0800

Hi LOgan,
At 23:33 20-12-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>No, I have not talked about the ministers about it. But I definitely
>plan to. Based on the recent Peering issues that I reported to Orange
>and Emtel, I believe that having a monitoring system for ISPs in
>Mauritius is critical.
>
>(For transparency's sake, I would like to disclose that I work for
>AFRINIC, and that we promote Internet Measurements in our region, and
>that includes Mauritius).
>
>Concerning the second point, Based on hackers.mu (Disclosure: I'm
>obviously part of hackers.mu :)) interaction with Miss Cori on twitter,
>there does not seem to be a draft yet, and this is worrying.
>
>Also, we (as in hackers.mu) have concerns regarding a Freedom of
>Information Act. We will raise those points in due time.
>
>Lastly, SM, please accept my apologies for the late reply :)

Thank you for the above. I'll avoid further discussion with you
about what the "ICT ministry needs to test for" in respect to an
internet connection as it may cause IPR issues. I asked whether Mr
Sookun or you have discussed about Freedom of Information (as a
member of the ICT Advisory Council) with government
officers. According to the above reply you did not discuss about
Freedom of Information as a member of the ICT Advisory Council with
any government officer.