RE: Mailing list archives

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 21:44:47 +0400

Hello all,

Every Mauritius Internet Users subscribers knew that their email addresses would be publicly available through the MIU Public Archive and nobody had a problem with that till some of us started receiving email from spammers. I understand your concerns. I would like to have consensus on this in order to take action and ask SM to mask the email addresses or not.

I am personally against this because we usually discuss about internet related topics and should take full responsibility of the things we discuss. Plus, it will be easier for someone reading our views on the public archive to contact us without including the mailing list. I don't think it is appropriate for some of the subscribers to have masked email addresses and others with unmasked email addresses. This is why I would like to have a consensus and decide how we should operate.
Please note that I would also consider the number of times the subscriber participated in our mailing list discussions before taking action in masking their email address (if we ever agree to mask email addresses).

Kind regards,
Shelly