Re: Mailing list archives

From: Yash Maudhoo <yashmaudhoo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 22:28:22 +0400

Hello everyone,

Sent from my iPhone
> On Dec 19, 2015, at 8:17 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eddy, Ish,
> At 05:55 19-12-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>> I propose that we ask the subscribers to voice out their concerns in the list, like Eddy did. If my opinion is asked, then I would say, it's not because of spammers that I should not publish my email address.
>>
>> Therefore, let us see what other subscribers think before we reach a consensus.
>
> This is a good suggestion.
>
> At 03:34 19-12-2015, Eddy Young Tie Yang wrote:
>> (Quick sanity test: What would you do if I asked for my email to be hidden
>> from the public archives? After all, I can exercise my right to privacy in
>> this way.)
>
> I'll leave it to consensus.
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy

 If some of you believe that the public archive may be the source from where spammers are getting your email from, then I'm pretty sure that if we implement a captcha that needs to be solved to reveal email addresses, it might help to reduce spam, at least if a bot is crawling the archive to get a list of emails. Or even if it's a real person, he is not going to solve tons of captcha to get your emails.

Regards,
Yash