Re: Fastmail

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 14:48:12 -0800

Hi Yusuf,

Fastmail is now a paid service but since I was a free user before the
change, I happened to be "promoted" to a special privilege set. A
watermark attached to this email will confirm my saying (I can use it
for free but with the ads and so on).

Anyway, fastmail wants you to be a paid user to use most of their
services. Even if I got "promoted", I can't use any mail client
software. They want you to rely on their website to access your mail.

The interface is mobile friendly and snappy. It comes with various
options. One which I find very useful is the "spam filter" which run
very effectively. Since I own this fastmail account, all the emails I
received where legit unless I registered on some web-services which did
not protect my email address effectively. Moreover, creating your own
spam filters is a kid play. You can specify what email comes through or
go where in the folders you've set up depending on various variables as
the correspondent email address, the email subject and the email
content.

Sadly, I cannot talk much on the IMAP or POP3 due to the restriction on
my "promoted" account.

Even as at my current privilege set, I can testify that the service
feels solid. I hopefully never experienced weird bounced-back emails. If
the email address(es) I'm sending to are operational and have slots for
new emails, my mail will go through for sure.

I've attached some screenshots showing the web interface.

Regards,
Mike

- http://prntscr.com/9du1f2
- http://prntscr.com/9du2qg