Re: Government of Mauritius, confidentiality compromised

From: Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <"Tejas>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 10:14:08 +0400

Hello all,

Based on the "CONFIDENTIAL" document that has been leaked, I read in one
of paragraphs:

"The usual means of communication (radio, television, press, and
posters) will be used for the
campaign. The commitment and presence of some high officials will be
necessary to support
the campaign to gain the public confidence and acceptance of the project".

The last sentence of this paragraph says a lots and it's very vague. We
have seen and heard (hearsay?) lots of issues with about the MNIC
project, example; the hard drive was lost and was once again retrieved.

My question is: Why the support of high officials (ministers?) was
required to gain the public confidence? What is there in the project
that the public won't understand - I guess we are an 'intelligent'
population right? Are they hiding something that requires the backup of
high official to cover?

This ain't a saga right? The MNIC website explains everything right? - Ops.

I mean, if I am doing something in all good faith, I think I won't be
requiring anyone to support me right - because I am doing good.

This reflects my opinion and I may be wrong. The video [2] at 0:18 just
summarizes what I have just explained.

I'm trying to correlate things :-)

[1]
http://www.lexpress.mu/video/246255/un-hacker-accede-donnees-privees-sur-site-carte-didentite-nationale
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSJFe26MMMc - push to 18 second.

On 12/3/2015 1:29 PM, Ish Sookun wrote:
> Hi Nadim,
>
> On 12/02/2015 12:11 AM, Nadim Bundhoo wrote:
>>
>> I was reading a blog post [1] written by you today. You ask whether
>> documents were leaked by someone having access to the same. Personally I
>> believe it was carelessness, as we have seen on various occasions the
>> past few years (on defunct Gov.mu).
>>

> I would attribute something to carelessness if I can figure out the
> situation in which something might have happened. I questioned whether
> the document was leaked because right now that's only a question in my
> head. Until the National Computer Board comes forward saying the
> document is not confidential, I would assume that it is a leakage.
>
> Did you question the National Computer Board regarding this document?
>
>> You also asked whether your personal data (or personal data in general)
>> will be safe with the government. With all the carelessness from
>> governmental officials and lack of policies or if there are any policies
>> then not following or applying them, I would be sceptical about our
>> personal data being safe in the hands of the government.
>>

> Regarding the safeguard of personal data, you might be interested to
> read this
> http://hacklog.mu/did-the-mnic-obtain-a-judges-order-to-access-the-database-of-the-civil-status-office.

*Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah*
CTO at Graphics Temple Ltd