Re: Google Apps (mail) vs self-hosted mail

From: Suyash Sumaroo <suyash_at_codevigor.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 09:11:46 +0400

Hi SM,

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 12:01 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Hi Ish,
> At 11:04 04-12-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>
>> On the comment about data interception, that would apply to cloud servers
>> too, right?
>>

> Yes.
>
> That being said, even a physical server in a datacenter is not completely
>> secure. Therefore, what is the best option of having full control over
>> "hosted" data.
>>

> The better option for having full control over the data is to have
> physical control over it. You would have less control if the server is
> physically located in a datacenter. That could be improved through some
> security measures. For example, you could encrypt the data so that it is
> not easily readable by unknown people.

I would also add the the email server should take into consideration that
some communication should go unencrypted due to the fact that not all email
servers support encrypted messages. For instance, by default, Gmail
encrypts all emails from/to other gmail accounts and recently they have
also agreed among the big email providers like live.com, yahoo and google
to send only encrypted emails. But this might not be the case for others,
for example, internal company email servers.

--
Thanks & Regards,
*Suyash Sumaroo | Director*