Re: National ID Card application

From: Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <"Tejas>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 23:12:08 +0400

Dear Mr Soobron,

I am a citizen of Mauritius and I have a question regarding the
confirmation of the so-called "deletion of the MNIC Database".

It was mentioned that, after the deletion of the MNIC Database, an
affidavit [1][2] will be signed by the persons witnessing the deletion.
Unfortunately, no evidence was provided to the public that an affidavit
was signed.

My question is, how can I confirm that the whole database was 'really
deleted' while no evidence was provided to the public since the very
deletion. It's been a while I guess.

Thanking you in advance. I hope to get a response.

On 11/30/2015 9:24 PM, Ish Sookun wrote:
> Dear Mr Soobron,
>
> This is my second email [1] to you.
>
> An article published on lemauricien.com [2] on 28 November 2015
> mentions the following:
>
> "En attendant, le jugement de la cour suprême ne laisse aucun
> choix au gouvernement. Il lui intime l’ordre de ne pas réclamer les
> empreintes du citoyen jusqu’au verdict final des Lords de Londres."
>
> I therefore re-iterate my question. If a person applies for an
> Identity Card at the moment, will he/she be asked to give
> fingerprints? Please let me know if the question is not clear enough.
>
> Thanking you in anticipation.

[1] http://hacklog.mu/biometric-id-card-the-ministry-is-still-wrong/
[2]
http://www.lexpress.mu/article/268095/carte-didentite-empreintes-digitales-947-000-citoyens-detruites