National ID Card application

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 21:24:58 +0400

Dear Mr Soobron,

This is my second email [1] to you.

An article published on lemauricien.com [2] on 28 November 2015 mentions
the following:

        "En attendant, le jugement de la cour suprême ne laisse aucun choix au
gouvernement. Il lui intime l’ordre de ne pas réclamer les empreintes du
citoyen jusqu’au verdict final des Lords de Londres."

I therefore re-iterate my question. If a person applies for an Identity
Card at the moment, will he/she be asked to give fingerprints? Please
let me know if the question is not clear enough.

Thanking you in anticipation.

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/11/4219.html
[2]