National ID Card application

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 23:44:20 +0400

Hello Mr Soobron,

I am writing to you since Mr Hawabhay is out of office and has referred
me to contact you.

I visited the website of the Ministry of TCI and did not find any
information regarding the National Identity Card following the "freeze"
of fingerprint recording as mentioned in the press
(http://www.lexpress.mu/article/272052/carte-didentite-collecte-dempreintes-gelee-temporairement).

Could you please tell me whether a citizen at the moment can apply for a
National Identity Card without having to give his fingerprints?

- I blog at HACKLOG.mu.