Re: Internet Service Privider advertising

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 02:58:09 -0800

Dear Mr Seegolam,

I am resending this message as there was an email
delivery failure when I sent it yesterday.

I sent the following to Mrs Ghurbharrun on 29
October. I unfortunately did not receive any reply.

Thank you for following up on the complaint. I asked the following question:

   Is the "FUP" applicable to the "Vitesse de telechargement" or the
   "Transferts de donnees"?

The explanation from Mauritius Telecom is that
"Pendant le mois en cours, vous bénéficiez de vos
vitesses jusqu’à un certain volume de données,
après quoi vous aurez un accès illimité mais à
une vitesse réduite jusqu’à la fin du mois. Le
1er du prochain mois, le volume alloué et votre
vitesse seront réinitialisés". If I understood
correctly, the monthly volume for "transferts de donnees" is not "illimite".

I asked the Consumer Protection Unit for its
advice about whether the usage of "illimite" on
the web page ( http://lafibre.myt.mu/ ) is
misleading. I would be grateful if you could advise me about that.