RE: Mauritius Bus Online Route Enquiry

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:31:30 +0400

Hello SM,

> Thanks for sharing this. Did you know that there are six places
> called "Belle Vue" in the bus timetable? The bus routes problem is
> an interesting one as the solution could reduce the inconvenience for
> a person in Mauritius who travels by bus.

I learnt about this website thanks to Arnaud :)
Yes I must admit that all information are not accurate but I think it is a really nice initiative especially for a private project.
Maybe NTA should contact this person/company/group to work along with them as this would definitely help people who travels by bus.

> The topic of bus routes was mentioned during the last Open Data
> workshop. There were some questions about it which pointed to a
> strong misunderstanding about Open Data. I preferred not to comment
> as it was not worth discussing about that. As you pointed out about
> a week ago, the information in the timetables published by the
> National Transport Authority would have to be updated as some of it
> is inaccurate.

I strongly believe that if the Government wants people to take the 'Smart Mauritius' concept seriously they really need to make an effort regarding Open Data and work on projects which will be beneficial to the public like the Bus Online Route Enquiry. Secondly, they need to stop ignoring mails and increase their inbox capacity so that we can share our thoughts on certain issues.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293816-c108352/Mauritius:Use.The.Bus.System.html

http://mauritius.opendataforafrica.org/
http://www.insight-mea.com/open-data-mauritius.php#.Vk1Psr_ZUqQ
http://www.govmu.org/English/News/Pages/Open-Data-Readiness-Mauritius-well-positioned-to-start-implementing.aspx