Open Source Software Policy in Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 23:07:40 +0400

Hello folks,

Yesterday, the Chairman of the ICT Advisory Council tweeted [1] about
India adopting an open Source Policy. It is wished that Mauritius
follows the trend. Yes, Mauritius is trendy country that only follows
others. (^^,)

In the matter of the Open Source Software Policy, the subject has been
under discussion since 2014. A year passed and nothing has been
achieved. Why? Should I blame the Linux User Group of Mauritius for
being lethargic, should I blame for ICT Advisory Council for going along
with the bureaucratic culture, should I blame local universities for not
showing interest...? I don't know.

We have age old practices in institutions and not many are helping to
break the practice. :-(

[1] https://twitter.com/AvinashMeetoo/status/666205706362728448

- Geek by birth, Linux by choice
- I blog at HACKLOG.mu