Re: Orange Transparency Report on government requests for data

From: Loganaden Velvindron <logan_at_afrinic.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 20:29:07 +0400

On 11/13/15 3:32 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> In 2013, Orange signed a charter to express its commitments to
> personal data and privacy protection [1]. Orange stated in a report
> [1] that:
>
> "In order to ensure the greatest possible degree of transparency
> allowed
> under the terms of these local laws, Orange will publish regularly
> information about the number of governmental requests concerning
> its customers' data."
>
> and provided statistics about the number of requests to make available
> the content of correspondence exchanged and the the number of requests
> issued by public bodies asking for various types of data (except
> interception). The report [1] does not contain any statistics for
> Mauritius.
>
> Would it be possible for Orange Mauritius to publish a transparency
> report on government requests for data?
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy
>
> 1.
> http://www.orange.com/en/content/download/31105/933231/version/3/file/Orange+2014+transparency+report.pdf

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would also be grateful if Orange could communicate the figures for
Mauritius, as There is a subsidiary of Orange in Mauritius for
transparency reasons.

To be more precise, I am interested to know if Orange Mauritius received
requests from the Government for interception of Internet Traffic of its
customers.

Kind regards,
Loganaden Velvindron.