Re: Capping not being reset

From: Loganaden Velvindron <logan_at_afrinic.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 12:00:16 +0400

On 11/1/15 11:31 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Hi Logan,
> At 01:24 01-11-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>> Every customer has to reset the modem on the 1st of each month. The
>> lease is not renewed at 00:00 every month. So, we have to wait a few
>> hours every month to go back to high speed. Why can't this be
>> automated ?
>
> The data cap, as it currently works, is not an issue for me as I
> prefer to wait for the next lease instead of having my connection
> reset at midnight.

If for any reason, your lease is not renewed, your data cap expires at
the end of the month. It does not accumulate. For grandmothers who don't
understand capping, and lease renewal, it's better that it's automated
on the ISP side.

> At 01:26 01-11-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>> The capping for 30Mb/s was increased to 230 GB. It's a positive sign.
>
> Yes.
>
> The data cap for 10 Mbps is 75 GB.

I hope that Orange, Emtel, and Bharat also start fixing the latency
which is horrible, and is preventing people from Mauritius from gaming
internationally, enjoying decent VOIP, and also getting a good video
conference experience.