Re: Capping not being reset

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 01:31:47 -0800

For myself, my connection resets quite often and at very inappropriate
time (e.g during a competitive match or important skype call). I don't
mind most of the time as it happens very quickly but during a match, I
literally lose connection from the server and I have to reconnect. If I
don't I get penalise (I'm still penalised from the disconnection) [1]
and one time I got banned from the game itself because I just could not
reconnect at all afterwards.

As Logan said, it is better for it to be automated. So if you notice
your connection speed to be unchanged, do wait a bit more for the next
lease to kick in. You can also try to manually restart your router.

Anyway, again to join with Logan, the latency is just horrible. Worst is
the consistency. On one of my mails I pointed out that I usually stream
my games so others can enjoy it. Since a week or two, this has been
impossible. I had to switch from twitch.tv, because of lack of good
latency to the twitch servers (I don't fancy myself streaming to tokyo
servers ), to hitbox.tv which gave me some good latency but lately I
can't stream at all. All my frames are dropped by the network. I feel
like the ISPs in Mauritius do not understand that gaming (not browser
flash games) is a thing.

Regards,
Mike

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SqhVCFe1Vc