Re: 100 Mbps local access to the internet

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 22:27:57 +0400

Hi Nadim,

On 10/25/2015 09:59 PM, Mohammad Nadim wrote:

> _at_SM: Since there is no relation, then what is preventing us from getting
> 10% of the possible capacity. I'm only getting 1% :-( Politics? Business?

The ISPs won't see 100Mpbs local access fitting in their current
business model. See, if you accept to pay ~Rs 1K for 10Mbps, why should
they give you 100Mbps for the same price? I would not drag politics into
this at the moment (business politics maybe).

Our approach for demanding 'more' isn't proper right now. We are a bunch
of Internet users and the group isn't as formalized as the local
business/political culture demands.

I have requested SM that we do the necessary to formalize and register
the group and get the required "legal" umbrella. That should help in
many things. Otherwise, most of our discussions about getting 100Mbps
might just be a bunch of paragraphs archived on the web.