Re: Laws to fight fake facebook profiles in Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 20:50:49 +0400

Hi SM,

On 10/07/2015 08:27 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> The reply (please see entire reply) contains the following about the
> assistance from the State of California: "be able to achieve the
> objectives which we [the Ministry] are setting ourselves to achieve".

I was able to get the full reply from the parliamentary debates. I've
updated my blog post accordingly.

This "mutual legal assistance" will help in identifying people using
fake profiles on Facebook. However, it remains a debatable issue whether
a person can be prosecuted for what he/she posts on his/her profile?

We could say people having fake profiles have breached the "terms of
use" of Facebook; but shouldn't there be more discussions regarding the
amendments?