RE: What can dholl-puri teach us about ICT development?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 22:06:48 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 10:33 05-10-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>SM could you please explain what you meant by 'over-regulation in
>so-called "ICT" sector' ?

There is too much regulation in the "ICT" sector. If I wanted to
create a service such as Skype on the island I would have to wait for
ICTA approval. In some countries I would not need to request
approval from a regulator as the laws do not forbid businesses from
creating new internet-related services.

>SM- Has it always been this way?

Yes.

>Is it really about what the experts said or is it because the
>Government is pressuring its citizen?

It is not worthwhile to look for someone else or something else to blame. :-)