Re: Is it useful to have a blog? #Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 12:20:13 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 10:31 27-09-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>It is useful to have a blog? How many MIU subscribers have a blog?
>Has it been beneficial to your career?

I like the hashtag. :-) My writings about internet-related topics
are available on the web. Some people will read what I wrote; others
will ignore it.

I was reading
http://girllostinthecity.com/2014/11/how-to-get-into-digital-journalism/
today. The following was intersting: "A blog isn't for everyone, and
not everyone wants to have the pressure of having to publicly share
stuff all the time. Also having a blog that doesn't get updated looks
a bit naff". I'll highlight the following: "What's different about you?"

A blog is a means to promote your work and yourself. Both are
related to your career as the blog can show what you are interested
in and what you can do. Can you write articles regularly over the
next year or will you give up after writing a few articles?