RE: E-Reputation for hotels

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:12:38 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 09:59 16-09-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>If I read only positive feedback about hotels and restaurants
>-something is definitely weird. I think you have to be very
>meticulous and really good to ensure that every customer is
>satisfied. There's no such thing as perfection in a hotel or
>restaurant and I guess it is up to the customers to think if they
>want to forget about it or mention it. Writing positive feedback is
>not a good way to start or to adopt if you want your customers to trust you.

I agree with you; something is definitely strange if there is only
positive feedback about a hotel or restaurant. One of the reasons
for a customer to share comments or write a review is that he or she
benefits from the feedback shared by other customers. For example,
the customer can decide whether the hotel he/she wants to stay at is
a good one based on reviews from other "trusted" reviewers. The
hotel or restaurant also benefits; it attracts more customers when it
receives a good rating from the reviewers.

>I couldn't find any number for 2015 though-I guess they only update
>it in January. It would have been interesting to have updated
>figures on the number of tourists coming per months or every 6 months though.

There are some figures for 2014 [1]. I am not sure whether the
figures about the number of tourists are published every six
months. One of the advantages of Open Government Data is that those
figures could be be publicly available and up-to-date instead of
having to wait for the yearly figures.

1.
http://statsmauritius.govmu.org/English/StatsbySubj/Documents/Digest/Tourism14Final.pdf