RE: E-Reputation for hotels

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 20:59:39 +0400

> There is a presentation by Mikael Le Luron about "E-Reputation for
> hotels" [1]. Last month there was a news article on the front page of
> "Le Parisien" [2] about the topic and a few years ago [3]:

Thank you for sharing the links SM. If I read only positive feedback about hotels and restaurants -something is definitely weird. I think you have to be very meticulous and really good to ensure that every customer is satisfied. There's no such thing as perfection in a hotel or restaurant and I guess it is up to the customers to think if they want to forget about it or mention it. Writing positive feedback is not a good way to start or to adopt if you want your customers to trust you.
> I read both articles on Le Parisien and France Info. To be honest, it's
> a shame that Mauritius is named in the article. It does not portrait us
> as professionals but rather as "crooks on the web". I do not see posting
> fake comments on websites being good for the image of a cyber island.

I agree with Ishwon. This presentation and comments are no good for our image.
Some interesting links:
http://bit.ly/1Kfxkre
http://mauritiusattractions.com/mauritius-tourism-i-82.html
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ST.INT.ARVL
The number of tourists keeps increasing. It seems that some hotels are more focused in encouraging tourists to come to Mauritius instead of ensuring that the later leave Mauritius and motivate others to visit our beautiful island.
I couldn't find any number for 2015 though-I guess they only update it in January. It would have been interesting to have updated figures on the number of tourists coming per months or every 6 months though.
Kind regards,Shelly.