RE: Mobile Internet

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:01:46 +0400

Hello SM, Shelly,

On 2015-09-01 22:47, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I am copying this message to Ish as he might be able to comment about
> m.facebook.com and find out which tasks in Facebook would be free of
> charge for people using Orange (Mauritius).

I did not carry tests on my end but according to Orange [1] uploading
pictures is chargeable; along with loading of external resources like
video/pictures from YouTube, lexpress.mu, defimedia.info etc.

> At 10:26 01-09-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>
>> So is there a way where I can configure my mobile phone to consume
>> approx 30Mb per day?

I activate the 30MB package on Orange when I need to use the Internet on
my mobile. It costs Rs 8.69. However, this package isn't suitable for
"browsing". 30MB is sufficient for me to tweet (including photos) and
check the email (excluding attachment downloads). I do not want to
subscribe to a monthly or weekly package as I do not use Internet on the
mobile to that extent. It's only when I am outdoors (with no WiFI) and I
need to tweet something or update my status on Facebook.

[1] http://www.orange.mu/mobile/unlimited-facebook.php