RE: Mobile Internet

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 11:47:39 -0700

Hi Shelly,

I am copying this message to Ish as he might be able to comment about
m.facebook.com and find out which tasks in Facebook would be free of
charge for people using Orange (Mauritius).

At 10:26 01-09-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I don't think it is worth it though. 1GB per month is not enough,
>especially if I spend
>most of my time web browsing and updating my boards on Pinterest.

I will have to test to see how much data would be consumed to update
Pininterest.

>What is your opinion about this?

I suggest keeping web browsing to a minimum. You could update your
boards on Pininterest as that task should not consume that much data
compared to web browsing.

>Do you think it's worth it?

If you are not within WiFi range regularly it is worthwhile to spend
Rs 149. With the mobile internet access you can, for example, keep
your boards updated, send tweets as soon as you notice something to
tweet about, verify prices in another shop or asking a friend for
quick advice before making a purchase.

>So is there a way where I can configure my mobile phone to consume
>approx 30Mb per day?

Yes. I have not tested the following. There is a Data Sense App on
Windows phones. You could use it to set a monthly limit of one GB so
that you do not spend more than Rs 149 a month for cellular data
usage. The App also shows you how much cellular data has been
used. There is also a usage overview which shows how much data each
app (or task) consumed.