RE: Mobile Internet

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 10:18:02 -0700

Hi Ish, Shelly,
At 00:01 02-09-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I activate the 30MB package on Orange when I need to use the
>Internet on my mobile. It costs Rs 8.69. However, this package isn't
>suitable for "browsing". 30MB is sufficient for me to tweet
>(including photos) and check the email (excluding attachment
>downloads). I do not want to subscribe to a monthly or weekly
>package as I do not use Internet on the mobile to that extent. It's
>only when I am outdoors (with no WiFI) and I need to tweet something
>or update my status on Facebook.

It is less expensive to spend Rs 10 if you need internet access for a
day only. The weekly package is better if you need mobile internet
access for more than a day; the cost per MB is also lower.

Please see
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/realtime-traffic-information-mauritius-reunion.html
I would classify updating Facebook or sending tweets as tasks which
you would like to do in real-time. I am not sure whether there is
interest in getting information in real-time or whether that type of
information is currently available.