Re: Reserved date in whois query result

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 02:12:36 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 11:16 PM 8/19/2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I read in lexpress.mu [1] that barrister Shakeel Mohammed said
>having confirmation by experts that it is possible to reserve a
>domain name. In the latter case it's a .mu domain. I wrote on my
>blog [2] that some people are confused by domain parking and think
>of it as "reserving a domain name". Domain parking happens only
>after one has registered a domain name.
>
>In my opinion, a domain name is available to anyone unless someone
>comes forward and registers it or if the domain is held by the
>registry. I am not aware of any practice by .mu registrars to
>request the registry to "hold" domains upon a reservation request.
>
>In one incident, when I registered hacklog.mu, my online payment
>could not be processed. The domain was registered though and
>available in my account. I only could not edit the nameservers until
>the payment was processed. During this time the whois record for
>hacklog.mu did not show any "reserved date" but only displayed the
>"creation date" which corresponds to the day I registered the domain.

There isn't sufficient information to show that the domain name was
reserved. There is an interview of a person who might have
registered the domain name at
https://soundcloud.com/radioplus-3/reservation-du-domain-name-de-la-ncb-le-document-nest-pas-authentique
The document included in your blog article looks odd.