Reserved date in whois query result

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 10:16:34 +0400

Hello,

I read in lexpress.mu [1] that barrister Shakeel Mohammed said having
confirmation by experts that it is possible to reserve a domain name. In
the latter case it's a .mu domain. I wrote on my blog [2] that some
people are confused by domain parking and think of it as "reserving a
domain name". Domain parking happens only after one has registered a
domain name.

In my opinion, a domain name is available to anyone unless someone comes
forward and registers it or if the domain is held by the registry. I am
not aware of any practice by .mu registrars to request the registry to
"hold" domains upon a reservation request.

In one incident, when I registered hacklog.mu, my online payment could
not be processed. The domain was registered though and available in my
account. I only could not edit the nameservers until the payment was
processed. During this time the whois record for hacklog.mu did not show
any "reserved date" but only displayed the "creation date" which
corresponds to the day I registered the domain.

[1]
http://www.lexpress.mu/article/267460/document-depose-chez-rawat-coup-declat-ou-strategie
[2] http://hacklog.in/goofs-in-the-alleged-ncbl-mu-whois-record/