Re: OTAM want to replace Mauritians with cheap labour !

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 13:20:13 +0000

Folks, we have to interpret what is being suggested here:

TO hire a skilled foreigner: an employer needs to pay around Rs 30k
for his monthly salary. That's the minimum amount.

Now, what OTAM is suggesting is the following: remove the 30k minimum
salary, and let employers do as they please. In other words, if they
can get a Linux system administrator who will come to work for 6k, or
a web designer who will work for 4k/month, they want to make it
legally possible !

This is outrageous ! I suggest we stage an online protest, and even go
down on the streets to protest passively against what OTAM is
suggesting.