Is Emtel Airbox advertised speeds for Local Connections only?

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 00:01:37 +0400

Hello All ,

I am a very unhappy Airbox customer. During the first week of my
subscription I had fantastic connection to the internet. Then there was a
mysterious maintenance on the Mt Signaux antenna for five days during which
many suffered poor speeds. After that I noticed that my internet speed to
international servers could not go above 5Mbps. However connection to the
Emtel server located in Rosehill was perfectly fine at 20Mbps.

This leads me to believe that the emtel advertised speed was changed to
local connections only. I would like to ask other airbox users to verify
this fact by testing a local and international server.

Or using testmy.net to check their international speed.

My assumptions are based on poor internet speed that I have been
experiencing and reported several times to the emtel team by email and via
their hotline.

*TLDR;*
*Websites hosted locally load with the advertised bandwidth. Websites
hosted abroad load with a maximum of 1/4th of the advertised bandwidth. *

Is anybody else having this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

*RAMGOLAM Sandeep*

*Front-end Developer - Designer - Web Enthusiast - Gamer**Website :*
barfii.net <http://www.barfii.net>