Re: Tendance Digitale 2015

From: vincent pollet <hello_at_ict.io>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 10:19:44 +0400

Hi SM and Ish

I clicked on over five random articles. I saw the same person commenting
> on a few of those articles. It would not be fair if I did not mention that
> the authors of the articles did respond to those comments. I could pull
> out the data for the 54 articles with a little coding and generate some
> statistics.

I will save you the hassle their is actually 13 different persons
commenting on articles on ict.io :)

> Yes.
>
> I would not use page views as a metric in this case (please see comment
> below). The average time is quite good.

 Yes :)

No. :-)

> The conversation (I do not mean between you and I) is not happening. That
> is not related to the 1% rule. There are reasons outside your control
> which might explain the cause.

Well maybe you can enlighten us :)

As Ish mentioned it would be good to have some data about Mauritius to
> understand what is going on. Is any company in the industry be interested
> in providing that?

This would be interesting a topic... anyone ?

If someone writes about a topic I assume that the person understands the
> topic to be able to discuss about it. I find it difficult in Mauritius as
> a number of authors are reluctant to discuss about the topic which they
> wrote about. I did not know that the author is new. If someone is new I
> prefer not to comment as it might be easier for the person.

I think Winley is knowing what he is talking about :)

If someone writes about a topic I assume that the person understands the
> topic to be able to discuss about it. I find it difficult in Mauritius as
> a number of authors are reluctant to discuss about the topic which they
> wrote about. I did not know that the author is new. If someone is new I
> prefer not to comment as it might be easier for the person.

He is new on ict.io but he is an experienced e-marketer and an
entrepreneur.

The commenting system is currently restrictive. At first look, I see SM
> cannot even comment there.

I use basic wordpress commenting system + social login + parameters are:
You should be registered to comment. Registration is a 2 clicks process. We
have to do it like as there is no moderation and I don't want anonymous
users (or russian robots lol) saying BS on our website :)

Yup. I commented on the article what was my expectation regarding the
> "title" and "article". Market-wise, ICT.io, could rise higher if the
> content is more localized. You do have "local" articles on ICT.io but that
> is not enough for a magazine about ICT in the Indian Ocean. If the
> "tendance digitale" subject was brought into a local context, it would have
> had a better impact and maybe generate more comments.

Thank you for commenting. all opinions are most welcomed. Regarding
localized content I really hope we can have a better participation from the
community in a near future to provide more localized articles but as you
know we are just starting: project was launch 6 months ago. We are
currently publishing 8 to 10 articles per month and we are looking at
increasing the speed. If you guys want to participate your are most welcome
:)

Regards,

*VINCENT POLLET *| *CO-FOUNDER*

*WWW.ICT.IO <http://www.ict.io/> *
EBENE CYBERCITY - MAURITIUS

e: vincent_at_ <vincent_at_pongosoft.com>ict.io
m: +230 52520766
skype:vincent.pollet67

[image: Inline images 1]

On 16 July 2015 at 07:38, Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu> wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> On 7/16/15 1:12 AM, vincent pollet wrote:
>

>> _at_ SM
>> Well you may not have been looking well, we've got comments on the
>> website :)
>> actually 28 for 54 published articles
>>

> The commenting system is currently restrictive. At first look, I see SM
> cannot even comment there.
>

>> _at_ Ish
>> Content curation is a widely used and accepted in the industry I don't
>> see any problem with that.
>>

> Yup. I commented on the article what was my expectation regarding the
> "title" and "article". Market-wise, ICT.io, could rise higher if the
> content is more localized. You do have "local" articles on ICT.io but that
> is not enough for a magazine about ICT in the Indian Ocean. If the
> "tendance digitale" subject was brought into a local context, it would have
> had a better impact and maybe generate more comments.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> ​Ish Sookun
>
> - Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
> - I blog at HACKLOG.in.
>
> https://twitter.com/IshSookun ^^ Do you tweet?

logo-ict-and-moto-300x86.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: logo-ict-and-moto-300x86.jpg)