Re: Tendance Digitale 2015

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:04:12 -0700

Hi Vincent,
At 14:12 15-07-2015, vincent pollet wrote:
>Well you may not have been looking well, we've got comments on the website :)
>actually 28 for 54 published articles

I clicked on over five random articles. I saw the same person
commenting on a few of those articles. It would not be fair if I did
not mention that the authors of the articles did respond to those
comments. I could pull out the data for the 54 articles with a
little coding and generate some statistics.

>Winley article made more than 100 views so far for an average time
>of 00:03:39 on the page so I guess people are showing interest.

Yes.

I would not use page views as a metric in this case (please see
comment below). The average time is quite good.

>I believe the marketing term you are looking for is the 1% rule
>(Internet culture)
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

No. :-)

The conversation (I do not mean between you and I) is not
happening. That is not related to the 1% rule. There are reasons
outside your control which might explain the cause.

>But we are looking _at_ growing this number and I believe you should
>too for the interest of industry.

As Ish mentioned it would be good to have some data about Mauritius
to understand what is going on. Is any company in the industry be
interested in providing that?

>This will also be achieved by showing a more welcoming attitude to
>new comer....

If someone writes about a topic I assume that the person understands
the topic to be able to discuss about it. I find it difficult in
Mauritius as a number of authors are reluctant to discuss about the
topic which they wrote about. I did not know that the author is
new. If someone is new I prefer not to comment as it might be easier
for the person.