Re: Representing MIU

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 14:41:45 +0400

Hi Dhiruj,

On 7/14/15 1:56 PM, DR wrote:

> I thus make a request for you to kindly apologise to Mr Logan as I feel
> this is an attack on his professionalism.

I do not find the question unjustified. Giving a half answer or leaving
something unclear is not productive in a discussion. I've seen both SM
and Shelly reminding people that they've asked a question to which the
person hasn't replied. It is impolite to evade a question.

Impertinence has occurred many times on this mail list; they were more
serious than Shelly's question. Shelly has a point since she still
awaits a clear answer whether Logan represented the Mauritius Internet
Users or not. I read her email twice and I conclude she persisted on the
"job at or for Google" to highlight whether it was difficult for someone
"who works with Google" to ask Government officials clarity on his
representation in a meeting.

Shelly is currently managing the mailing list & if tomorrow any press
person questions her about the .mu multi-stakeholder forum, she'll stand
there with no clear answer.

On the other hand, I understand Logan's stand because indeed it is not
easy to get "clear" answers for government officials in a written
format. It was one for the reasons why I stepped down from the .mu
multi-stakeholder forum and I apologized to members of MIU.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.