Review of Paper on Changes to Book III of Criminal Code, Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 21:12:42 +0400

Hello SM,

I read your review [1] on the proposed amendments to the cyber laws by
the Law Reform Commission (LRC). You raised some pertinent questions
that would make every IT professional ponder whether he is breaching the
law in his everyday task.

While you reviewed Section 369I, you tossed identity theft vs
impersonation. Indeed, that is an important point. Can we consider
"phishing" as being identity theft? If a crime is committed by
impersonating someone is that an identity theft?

The paper by the LRC is very vague and sadly I do not find IT
professionals showing their concern on the matter.

[1]
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/changes-book-iii-criminal-code-cybercrime-review.html

- Geek by birth, Linux by choice
- I blog at HACKLOG.in