RE: Learning by observing

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 21:44:54 -0700

Hi Cedric,
At 09:25 09-07-2015, cedricpoottaren_at_outlook.com wrote:
>However, I fail to see how these information is/will be useful to you.

Here are some comments received by the Mauritius Research Council:

   "Many of our researchers, especially young ones who may never have been
    exposed to research in renowned centres are unaware of the ethical side,
    concentrating on merely technical issues."

   "Many end up publishing papers on specific aspects of a larger research
    programme at institutions they are visiting, without seeking clearance
    or giving recognition."

I asked you a question about IPR. It may seem like a trivial
question if a person has never dealt with issues relating to
IPR. According to a 2013 report by an academic board the proportion
of academic misconduct cases at the Mauritius campus of the Middlesex
University was 6.77%. The proportion in London was 1.81%. Why is it
more of a problem in Mauritius?