Re: Where you work

From: Vy-Shane Sin Fat <shane_at_node.mu>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 12:52:46 +0800

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 8:12 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> During the last meeting of the Multi-stakeholder Forum there was a comment
> from Mr J.D. Phokeer, who was chairing the meeting, about the press. My
> reply to the comment was that there isn't any member of the press
> subscribed to this mailing list.
>
> I would like to ask you all to send an email to the mailing list if you
> took another job since you introduced yourself. If I am not mistaken there
> may be two subscribers who are now working for a newspaper. There is also
> a subscriber who is now working for Microsoft.

I've recently started contracting with an Australian company called Takor.
I'm building the next version of the web services that make up the backend
for a social mobile app called Kojai [1]. I'm building microservices [2]
with Scala [3] and Akka HTTP [4][5], deployed on a Linux/Docker [6]
infrastructure.

I am technically self-employed, but I typically do work for different
companies, maybe 2-3 different ones in a year, depending on project length.
Do I need to send an email to this list every time I start a new project?

Cheers,
Shane

[1]: http://www.kojai.com.au
[2]: http://microservices.io