Re: Stepping down from .mu Multi-Stakeholder forum

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 07:19:08 +0400

Hello Irshaad, SM,

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Irshaad Abdool <irshaad_abd_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I appreciate your decision to step-down from the Forum. But maybe the reason
> should not be exactly because of your disapproval with the way the meetings
> are conducted but I would be better if it was done in-protest in a effort to
> expect a change in the future from those guys.

It becomes difficult when you are not allowed to discuss things with
other members of your group. Imagine if I had to agree to something
with the Multi-stakeholder forum then at a later stage the .mu
re-delegation fails. Won't the people who selected me to represent
them blame me for being a "yes man" and causing it. All while there
could have been better ideas generated if we had asked the members of
MIU for consensus on matters related to .mu.

Trust me, I tried to push for change & expect change. Sadly, it is not
happening :-/
It requires me energy, time and resources to participate in the .mu
Multi-stakeholder forum, including the meetings that happen on the
Government premises. I take time to read the discussions, write my
opinion (no one replies to those emails), request leave from work to
attend the meetings. Then once you're in the meeting, you have to
re-explain the whole content of your email because apparently people
didn't read it or some people did not understand. This happened
several times with SM, who wrote proper emails listing all the points
he wanted to raise. I would have appreciated if those people who did
not understand something, could email in advance and ask for clarity.
But no, they would come in the meeting and waste time in discussing,
rather than tackling the important matters.

I hope help this clarifies my reasons for stepping down from the
Multi-stakeholder forum.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 11:05 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Biscuits are not provided during the meetings of the forum.

Sorry. That is a mistake. I confused the content of the tray from
other meetings with the Government.

- I blog at HACKLOG.in.