Embarrassing situation with .MU domain restoration

From: Benoit Gentil <benoit_at_fodytechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 18:29:46 +0400

Hi,

We are a .MU registrar and one of our clients have recently requested the
domain restore of his .MU domain name as it has expired since 31 October
2014. The client paid 3 times the cost of the domain name as restoration
fees + 2 years of renewal fees.

The registry automated system accepted the request of restoration at the
standard price and the domain has been restored and renewed till 31 October
2016.

Now the registry sent us an email saying that they have refunded the
restoration and renewal fees as the domain is beyond the restoration grace
period and therefore they are asking for 1,500 USD + the renewal fees to
restore the domain.

I'm now in an embarrassing situation with our client who have paid this
restore at standard price.

Best Regards,
Benoit