RE: Heathcare practice in Mauritius - WhatsApp

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:17:15 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 09:43 23-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>What is wrong with using Whatsapp to share Healthcare information?

Whatsapp was not designed to be used for sharing healthcare
information. It does not guarantee confidentiality even if it might
provide privacy features.

>You learnt about this because someone wrote about it believing it
>was a good initiative.
>How can you be sure that they did not use other application or
>software to share healthcare information before?

I do not know whether other application or software was used before
this to share healthcare information.

A person may believe that it is a good initiative to share healthcare
information in this way. Is the person aware what may go
wrong? Would the person lose his/her job when that happens? How
would the patient react when he/she finds his/her medical information
has leaked out and is available on some web site or that other people
have access to the medical information and are gossiping about it?